This is probably the most talked about release in the WordPress history, with blog after blog discussing it. So here goes:
- Logging in WordPress I see the familiar:
WordPress 2.7 is available! Please update now.
Luckily because of WPAU I also see….
Click Here to Automatically Upgrade WordPress to latest Version.
Clicking the Auto Upgrade, I do the usual things:
- Fill in my FTP details
- Backup files
- Backup Database (all my tables – why is there not a check all option in WPAU?)
- Fetch the latest version.
- Put the site in maintenance mode
- Deactivates the plugins
- Upgrades the installation files
- Upgrade the database (we haven’t had to do that for a long while!)
- Reactivate plugins (One plugin didn’t reactivate dofollow.php – but it never does!!)
- Takes the site out of maintenance mode.
Well it doesn’t seem to have broken anything externally and does look quite neat and tidy inside the admin area!