Q: How do I set the correct permission for configure.php files while installing an OsCommerce template?
A: Please, do the following steps:
- Rename the “catalog/install” folder or delete it.
- Reset the permissions on “catalog/includes/configure.php” to 644 (if you are still getting the warning message at the top of the page after setting this configure.php files to 644 then set the “catalog/includes/configure.php” file to 444 which is read only – this happens on some servers that have been updated for security reasons).
- Set the permissions on “catalog/images” directory to 777.
- Set the permissions on “admin/images/graphs” directory to 777.
- Create the directory “admin/backups” and set the permissions to 777 (this is the folder to store the database backup of your store in the “Tools” section of the store admin).