I donâ€™t like the stuff â€“ I make no secret about thatâ€¦ OK I do â€“ but only for photoâ€™s, everything else about it I thoroughly dislike!
Weâ€™ve had almost a week of it now and I have some observationsâ€¦
- This country will never, ever, be prepared for this. Even people from countries that are used to digging their cars out of four feet of snow say itâ€™s difficult in this country because we are just SO unprepared.
- By law in many countries you have to clear your path and pavement in front of your home and business, doing this would reduce the risk of people slipping on pavements (they donâ€™t grit them, so if youâ€™ve driven to work on wonderfully gritted roads you fall over getting out of your car!).
- Weathermen either donâ€™t know how to react when reporting a high of â€“1, so they either act sarcastic or smug! Neither are appropriate â€“ whereâ€™s that â€œBarbecue Summerâ€ you promised?
- Stockpiling helps nobody (except yourselves!) and if it thaws youâ€™ll go out again and it will all go out of date â€“ what a waste of money!
- Britain does still have a sense of community and combined whinging seems to get neighbours talking!
Rant over – Iâ€™ll leave you with a photo of an igloo I found on my way home the other morningâ€¦