I donâ€™t like the stuff â€“ I make no secret about thatâ€¦ OK I do â€“ but only for photoâ€™s, everything else about it I thoroughly dislike!
Weâ€™ve had almost a week of it now and I have some observationsâ€¦
- This country will never, ever, be prepared for this. Even people from countries that are used to digging their cars out of four feet of snow say itâ€™s difficult in this country because we are just SO unprepared.
- By law in many countries you have to clear your path and pavement in front of your home and business, doing this would reduce the risk of people slipping on pavements (they donâ€™t grit them, so if youâ€™ve driven to work on wonderfully gritted roads you fall over getting out of your car!).
- Weathermen either donâ€™t know how to react when reporting a high of â€“1, so they either act sarcastic or smug! Neither are appropriate â€“ whereâ€™s that â€œBarbecue Summerâ€ you promised?
- Stockpiling helps nobody (except yourselves!) and if it thaws youâ€™ll go out again and it will all go out of date â€“ what a waste of money!
- Britain does still have a sense of community and combined whinging seems to get neighbours talking!
Rant over – Iâ€™ll leave you with a photo of an igloo I found on my way home the other morningâ€¦
Think I’ve just forgotten how to walk properly – pussyfooting around on ice has nearly finished me and the house has been almost as cold as that igloo ……okay, rant over….. I’m off to drown my sorrows!!!!
.-= Kate´s last blog ..The end of the year and what happens next!!! =-.
Living as I do in a very draughty Victorian terrace house , the igloo looks inviting and probably is warmer…
I doubt it! It was -10 that morning when I took those pictures!
I live in Northern, Utah so we are used to the white stuff, but it looks like you guys are buried! lol~ I also saw a picture on Digg of a satellite photo taken of Britian and it looked like Greenland, it was pretty amazing.
.-= Lisa Udy´s last blog ..New Mendon Utah Homes For Sale January 14, 2010 =-.
Here in Toronto we are experiencing a warm winter; we haven`t have any considerable snow storm yet. Besides, the temperature is above 0, which is unusual for February. There is something wrong going around!