Be warned, rant mode is on….
We’ve live in our new home for over a year now, having moved in 15 months ago. The house wasn’t new when we bought it, it was about a year old.
I ordered myself some IT equipment on Friday (yes the backup saga will probably be solved by this kit!) and stayed at home on Wednesday to accept delivery of it (amongst several other deliveries).
When it hadn’t turned up by early afternoon I went hunting for my tracking number kindly provided to me by the online shop I’d purchased from.
This is what I got from the ParcelForce tracking number:
|Date||Time||Location 40 Days and 40 Nights trailer
|27-05-2009||14:18||Bristol North Depot||Delivery rescheduled|
|27-05-2009||11:17||Bristol North Depot||Cannot locate address|
|26-05-2009||13:50||Bristol North Depot||Undeliverable – insufficient / incorrect address|
|25-05-2009||22:54||Bristol North Depot||Out for delivery|
|23-05-2009||01:11||Bristol North Depot||Arrived at delivery depot|
|22-05-2009||21:14||National Hub||Sorted in hub|
The 14:18 update came after my phone call to the depot (after I’d hunted for 10 minutes for the number!). So it went out for delivery and nobody could find our house (two days in a row possibly!). I was repeatedly ask by the Parcel Force rep whether it was a new build – no it’s not and you’ve delivered here plenty of times before!!!
She even resorted to looking it up on Google (I told her not to bother as that categorically still puts us in the middle of a field!), why is it people only trust Google – I’m stood in this very house right now!
In the end I resorted to having it delivered to a local post office, but this is far from ideal as it will have to happen every time I want a ParcelForce delivery (i.e. get one failure then get it delivered to the post office!).