A tongue-in-cheek study of nursery rhymes has decided that the frequency of violence was more than 10 times greater than in pre-9pm watershed programmes!
The researchers admit their study was not entirely serious – but they say it does make the point that blaming television for increasing levels of violence is too simplistic.
- Humpty Dumpty: Nasty head injuries from fall
- Jack and Jill: Double hillside fall tragedy
- Simple Simon: Tongue and finger injuries. Thrown to the ground by a cow
- Six in a Bed: Repeated bedtime tumbles
- Rock-A-Bye Baby: Cradle crashes to the ground from a great height
Check out the full report here