We use cookies to keep our site relevant and easy to use, your continued use of this site is consent that we may set several cookies (see our Privacy & Cookie Policy), click to always allow cookies from our site (and not see this notifcation on your next visit) or read more.Allow Cookies

EU legislation requires that all websites clearly specify if cookies are being used and their purpose, You can read more about how we use cookies (and which cookies we use) in our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

You will see this notification the first time you visit our website unless you accept cookies (in which case we'll set a cookie to remember thay you're happy for us to to set cookies!).

Unbanned from Google

It would appear my efforts to get “unbanned” from the Google index have been fruitful!

Many moons ago in a previous incarnation of this blog, I had a very poorly configured copy of b2evo, which was full of spam comments and trackbacks. This eventually led to to a google ban as far as I could see 🙁

Eventually I removed the WordPress installation (although I still get spiders and spam trackbacks going to the pages where the old installation was – I simply return them a 404 or a redirect (I can’t remember which) to this much better and secure blog.

How did I go about it. I removed everything that was causing a problem – the whole blog was gone (I managed to save some of it and import it to what you see here). I created a sitemap, uploaded it to google webmaster tools, and then completed a re-inclusion request.

This all happened many months ago, and to be fair I thought my domain was banned for good and considered buying a new one, but decided it’s just for my little old blog do I care. But all has come good now, so I’ll worry about it no more!

Welcome google-ites!

Reference: Search Engine Optimization Blog discusses being banned in a little more detail

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 10th, 2007 at 9:14 am and is filed under General. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Comments (1)