1973: Long hair
2003: Longing for hair
1973: Acid rock
2003: Acid reflux
1973: Moving to Cape Town because it’s cool
2003: Moving to Cape Town because it’s warm
1973: Trying to look like Liz Taylor
2003: Trying NOT to look like Liz Taylor
1973: Seeds and stems
1973: Going to a new, hip joint
2003: Receiving a new hip joint
1973: Rolling Stones
2003: Kidney Stones
1973: Passing the drivers’ test
2003: Passing the vision test
Just in case you weren’t feeling too old today, this will certainly change things.
The people who are starting university in February across the nation were born in 1985.
- They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
- Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
- Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
- The CD was introduced the year they were born.
- They have always had an answering machine.
- They have always had M-Net or Sky.
- They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
- Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
- They can’t imagine what hard contact lenses are.
- They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.
- They don’t have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Do you feel old yet?