I love the LifeHacker blog and constantly looking for new tools to make my life easier/quicker/smarter….. I never have time to post about all of them but I thought I’d post a few that I’m interested in having a play with right now!
If you’ve played with any of these, do let me know I’d love to hear your opinions (and save me the time of playing with something that is completely useless!!).
- You know that annoying rectangle thing you get around icons in Windows when you drag and drop, that won’t disappear and just gets on your nerves until you reboot?
Focus Rectangle Remover Finding Rin Tin Tin release (catchy title!) is all I need to say!
- Editra is another text editor, I’m a Textpad addict, but this looks like it might be worth having a play with.
- HearWho, will convert text into an MP3 to dump on your iPod, not sure why I might need it – but you never know!
- Step away from the machine, that’s right sir, right away – your eyes need a break! Get EyeDefender.
- Universal Viewer (ATViewier) sounds perfect for streaming through tonnes of files in a directory to see what’s in them!
- Twitula – A smartphone version of Twitter sounds quite useful, you could use it to follow me!
- Phantasmagoria looks quite good for messing with photos!
A partially sighted buddy of mine uses HearWho extensively – says its great. Us able bodied dudes often overlook the needs of those whose faculties aren’t quite as good as our own…
Couldn’t agree more…. I was thinking of using it for documents I never have time to read… Stick them on my iPod and have them on in the car!
this is tiptastic, cheers.
You have to forgive me for never doing your meme, there was a ridiculous barney over who ought be included and not! It was too gruesome as Holly Golightly would say, I promise to do the next one.
SinÃ©ads last blog post..Gary Fox gave me a header
No problem SinÃ©ad.
As for the meme, don’t worry – some of the ones I read did make me laugh though!! I try not to do many of them, just the ones that really put a smile on my face (not 16 ways to greet your dog, or tell me 402 ways you’ve walked to work in the morning).