Your Canva account has worksheets for children in as well as all your social media “stuff” As I write this my daughter is designing characters and Halloween spells, I didn’t brand them before printing – I promise! ?
(If this works I might make a regular feature of it…)
There was a time when the “Side Hustle” was very much a term used by the Geeks who were working on their own projects outside of work time (mostly to fund even more tech purchases ?).
My web hosting business started out as a side hustle back in 2001 – mainly so I didn’t have to pay to host my own website, and some of those very first customers are still with me today!!
On my run this morning I was thinking about side hustles and all the tiny little businesses and money making schemes going on in all the houses I ran past, those tinkerings and dreams that may one day turn into a thriving business.
Lockdown gave many people new hobbies and interests that they have continued with, add energy prices and a recession all in the mix and a good side hustle could be used for next years holiday, to put a little money in your back pocket each month or as a “treat fund”.
I’ve played with a few over the years:-
- Matched betting (feels massively convoluted)
- I’ve dabbled in Crypto (and still do occasionally)
- The eldest and I tried FBA (trading on Amazon) – our spare room and sanity suffered! ?
These days my side hustles tend to be closer to what I actually do, tinkering with code, making and automating things, but people often tell me about their little project and it maybe we can all help each other over this winter!I have two questions for you:
- What are your tinkering with that isn’t your main line of work? You never know you might some clients in the comments!
- What would make it easier to do this and be more profitable? Can I or someone else help you with a tool, an automating or a little bit of knowledge?
Let me know!